Ray Manning of Lose Weight with Ease is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Lose Weight with Ease may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 16th May 2018.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer services
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with an effective service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- For legitimate business interests - We send gentle reminders on our upcoming workshops, offers, selfcare, events and similar products.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
When you make an online purchase as a single purchase, a membership or subscription
- This is a contract for services. Your contact details are dealt with as above (consent, contract, legitimate reasons) – also these, your purchase history and the payment details (sent to me from PayPal or Stripe) are retained for six years beyond the end of the contract for legal reasons – accounting law.
When you work with Ray Manning on a 1:1
Client work is different. Dependent on the work, you may wish (or need) to provide personal details of a sensitive nature.
- As an intake form these are retained in printed or handwritten format and include your contact details and where appropriate, signature. The sensitive nature of such documents will generally be in relation to health or medical history.
- As session notes these are scant memos handwritten by us for the purpose of fulfilling our contract and keeping tabs on the work during the session and from one week to the next, filed separately with only initials and date as identifiers so that no other person may connect these details alone to your personal identity.
- In both cases we are required by law to retain these records for six years after the completion of our contract – or in the case of a minor, from six years beyond the date of their eighteenth birthday.
Other data sources:
- Incoming data is also received from our website host PayPal, Stripe, Skype, Zoom, hangouts.
- we may receive information from another practitioner or therapist as part of a referral. In such a case you may be unaware that the consented data transfer has taken place, I will therefore inform you of receipt within 28 days.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please contact us.
When requesting information, you should also include any additional details that would help to locate your data - for example, a customer account number or email address used for your account. You may be asked for evidence of your identity. This is to make sure that personal information is not given to the wrong person.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added, and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over these other websites. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.